Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I thought it appropriate to say just how thankful I am to be blessed with my wonderful friends and family and all the blessings God has given me. Daily, I take for granted the little things that so many who are far worse off yearn for. I am so lucky to have a home and a wonderful husband and daughter to rely on and to love. I am thankful for my church family and for those who have been there with me and for me through thick and thin. I am so blessed to have a Christian family and to have such wonderful parents and grandparent in whom I can look up to and rely on. I thank God each day for all that I am lucky enough to have, and for those encounters I am graced with of kind souls who bless me and feed me his words and wisdom. I can only hope that I can pass along those same graces to others and touch someone else's life in the same way others have touched mine. And to end today's blog, a poem of Thanksgiving I thought very befitting of the holiday.

For each new morning with its light, 
For rest and shelter of the night, 
For health and food, 
For love and friends, 
For everything Thy goodness sends. 

- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

No comments:

Post a Comment